Education lasts a lifetime.
We'll help you prepare for a successful journey. ~ The Rising School, A Quality Arizona Charter School.
Students & Parents
Need some information? Students and parents can find helpful resources here .
Prospective Students & Parents
The Rising School is an Arizona charter school devoted to creating a safe and smart environment for learning. We have great, encouraging teachers and personal learning plans to help you succeed. Join us in Rising To Achieve Greatness, and welcome to your school!Learn More
Welcome and thank you for visiting our official school website. As principal of the Rising School it is my personal charge to ensure that each and every student receives a quality education.Welcome!
- State-of-the-art computers and technology
- Word, Excel, Power Point, and other software
- Project based learning
- A focus on critical-thinking skills
- A Personal Learning Plan, which allows the staff to know each student’s personality, motivation, and goals
- Advisory group where students receive help in developing personal character, interests and goals
- A “Civic Score” that provides feedback on student effort, behavior, character development, social skills and community involvement
- A focus on learning good study habits, time management, and organizing skills
- College counseling
- Older students have internships with businesses, nonprofits, and the University of Arizona
- Experienced, caring teachers with advanced degrees
- Engaging proven curriculum
- Founded by Dr. George Rising, former Head of School of the #1 ranked academic school in America
- Two hours a day of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
- Two hours a day of English and Humanities, focusing on quality reading and writing
- Extra help and tutoring before and after school, especially in math and English
- Fine Arts and Physical Education for every student
- Exemplary model of Tucson, Arizona charter schools.
- Elective courses designed around student interest
- Homework that is the appropriate amount and level of difficulty and that doesn’t require parents to act as teachers
- Afterschool Sports: basketball, soccer, flag football, hiking, cross country, etc..
- Electives and Extracurriculars: Spanish, music, drama, art, chess, etc.
- A safe environment that discourages bullying
- A fair discipline and justice system
- A positive school culture
- A local, community-oriented school with less bureaucracy than big districts
- Personal access to teachers and school leadership who are eager to help
- No anonymous students in a freindly community with caring adults
- Your child will make friends in a small, friendly community
- Small school size (100 students) and small class sizes (25 students or less)
- An 8:30 am start time (building opens at 7:30 am)
- Parent Portal that provides grades, civic score, and homework assignments
- Our Core Values: 1) Positive Interactions 2) Communication 3) Professionalism/Respect 4) Reflection/Celebration
Bullying is all too common among school-aged kids and has the potential to end in tragedy. It is important for parents, teachers and students to…
Summer is almost over and the upcoming school year is just around the corner. After a couple months of vacation, getting back into the groove…
The Rising School is a high-quality college-prep Arizona charter school that prepares Tucson-area students for success in school, college, and 21st century careers.
Students, parents, and teachers are treated with respect and enjoy being a part of a safe, caring community.
Classes are engaging and relevant; teachers are experts in curriculum and instruction; and standards and assessments are rigorous.
Students create quality projects; surpass state and national standards on assessments; and mature into alumni who are successful scholars and professionals engaged with their community and the world.
Call us at: 520-730-2657