Watch the video and read the information below to learn more
Call us at 520-730-2657
Benefits of The Rising School
We provide the tools your child needs to succeed.
- Experienced, caring teachers with advanced degrees
- Engaging proven curriculum
- Founded by Dr. George Rising, former Head of School of the #1 ranked academic school in America
- Two hours a day of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
- Two hours a day of English and Humanities, focusing on quality reading and writing
- Extra help and tutoring before and after school, especially in math and English
- Fine Arts and Physical Education for every student
- Elective courses designed around student interest
- Homework that is the appropriate amount and level of difficulty and that doesn’t require parents to act as teachers
- Afterschool Sports: basketball, soccer, flag football, hiking, cross country, etc..
- Electives and Extracurriculars: Spanish, music, drama, art, chess, etc.
Personal access to teachers and school leadership
- A safe environment that discourages bullying
- A fair discipline and justice system
- A positive school culture
- A local, community-oriented school with less bureaucracy than big districts
- Personal access to teachers and school leadership who are eager to help
- No anonymous students in a freindly community with caring adults
- Your child will make friends in a small, friendly community
- Small school size (100 students) and small class sizes (25 students or less)
- An 8:30 am start time (building opens at 7:30 am)
- Parent Portal that provides grades, civic score, and homework assignments
- Our Core Values: 1) Positive Interactions 2) Communication 3) Professionalism/Respect 4) Reflection/Celebration
A Personal Learning Plan
- A Personal Learning Plan, which allows the staff to know each student’s personality, motivation, and goals
- Advisory group where students receive help in developing personal character, interests and goals
- A “Civic Score” that provides feedback on student effort, behavior, character development, social skills and community involvement
- A focus on learning good study habits, time management, and organizing skills
- College counseling
- Older students have internships with businesses, nonprofits, and the University of Arizona
Skills for your future
- State-of-the-art computers and technology
- Word, Excel, Power Point, and other software
- Project based learning
- A focus on critical-thinking skills
Call now for more information 520-730-2657
Mission Statement: The Rising School is a high-quality college-prep school that prepares Tucson-area students for success in school, college, and 21st century careers.
At the Rising School:
Students, parents, and teachers are treated with respect and enjoy being a part of a safe, caring community.
Classes are engaging and relevant; teachers are experts in curriculum and instruction; and standards and assessments are rigorous.
Students create quality projects; surpass state and national standards on assessments; and mature into alumni who are successful scholars and professionals engaged with their community and the world.